Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Carson Patrick Papaj

Last baby bump picture and introducing Carson Patrick!

Bold

We welcomed Carson Patrick Papaj to the world at 4:15 PM EST on Thursday, February 10, 2011. He weighed in at 5 lbs 10 oz - exactly what the sonographer predicted... amazing how good they are!

It really does make time stand still - I had to giggle when I glanced back at my desk calendar today and it was still on Feb. 9, the day time stood still for us.
On Feb. 9, we went in for our Dr. appt and were aware that we could possibly get Dr.'s orders to be induced. We had a sonogram scheduled and they were going to measure Carson to see if he had any growth since his last sonogram 12 days earlier.

Baby Carson had no growth over the past weeks, so it was on to plan B. At 38 weeks, the Dr. ordered us to be induced. Much to my suprise it wasn't going to be scheduled on my time... We are going to have a baby and it was going to be tomorrow!

Many tears followed. While I was excited, I was really really nervous. We thought we had at least two more weeks and I wasn't keen on the idea of being induced, but as long as we got a healthy baby it was all that mattered.

Following the appointment I called my boss and said I was on maternity leave. We headed home and scurried around the house - cleaning, finishing his room and yes a massive bottle boil that we had been putting off!

I went and got a mani/pedi to relax and prepare myself for the big day. We were told to go out to a nice dinner just the two of us, but my nerves were too frazzeled to spend money on a nice dinner because I couldn't eat. We enjoyed our final couple dinner at Red Robin!




No comments:

Post a Comment